The Honeywell Wind Turbine - Model WT6500
NOTE: Effective 1/17/13 and due to circumstances beyond our control this product line is unavailabe. We may have some spare parts on hand. Call to inquire.
The Honeywell Wind Turbine by WindTronics is distributed throughout the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. WindTronics is an authorized licensee of Honeywell International. The Honeywell trademark is used under license from Honeywell International Inc. Honeywell International Inc. makes no representation or warranties with respect to this product.
We’ve turned traditional wind turbines, inside out.
Gearless Blade Tip Power System ™ – the future of wind power.
The Honeywell Wind Turbine utilizes a system of magnets and stators surrounding its outer ring, capturing power at the blade tips where speed is greatest, practically eliminating mechanical resistance and drag. Rather than forcing the available wind to turn a generator, the perimeter power system becomes the generator by swiftly passing the blade tip magnets through the copper coil banks mounted onto the enclosed perimeter frame. The Blade Tip Power System ™ addresses past constraints such as size, noise, vibration and output. WindTronics’ proprietary systems are breaking traditional technological barriers across multiple markets, for homes and businesses, for both energy generation and energy recapture. The Honeywell Wind Turbine is the highest output, lowest cost per kWh installed turbine ever made (in class and size). So powerful, so simple.
How to redesign a turbine to start at 0.5 (1/2) mph
By practically eliminating mechanical resistance and drag, the Honeywell Wind Turbine produces up to 1500 kWh's per year depending on height and location. The Honeywell Wind Turbine’s BTPS™ perimeter power system and unique design of the multi-stage blades allows the system to react quickly to changes in wind speed, ensuring that the maximum wind energy is captured, without the typical noise and vibration associated with traditional wind turbines.
The Honeywell Wind Turbine is a gearless, wind turbine that measures just 6 feet (1.8 m) in diameter, weighs 241 lbs (110kgs) and has an increased operating span over traditional turbines with a start-up speed as low as 0.5 mph (0.2 m/s), with an auto shut off at 38 mph (17.0 m/s). Traditional gearbox turbines require minimum wind speeds of 7.5 mph (3.5 m/s) to cut in and start generating power.
The Honeywell Wind Turbine is designed to be installed by a licensed electrician wherever energy is consumed, turning homes and businesses from points of total consumption to distributed energy sources, in a cost effective and efficient manner.
Where to place your turbine.
The directional fins continuously guide the turbine for maximum wind exposure. The system starts turning at 0.5 mph (0.2 m/s), cuts in at 3 mph (1.34 m/s), automatically shuts down in high winds (+38 mph [+17.0 m/s]) through its electromagnetic braking system and is designed to withstand winds up to 140 mph (62.6 m/s).
Wind Energy Recommendations and FAQ’s
Depending on the placement, many factors will affect the output of the turbine at each location. Your location can be affected by trees, terrain and obstructions such as buildings next door, even placement on one end of a building or the other can affect the output. All turbines require proper site assessment to enhance the performance of your turbine regardless of your product choice.
WindTronics™ is dedicated to the quality of its product, the power of small wind and educating consumers about its benefits. Before purchasing a wind turbine, WindTronics™ recommends that all potential customers review product and standard information, understand local wind ordinances, incentives, learn about local wind patterns and conduct a proper site evaluation.
- The Honeywell Wind Turbine is capable of producing up to 1500 kWh/yr. This will vary with site location, height and wind speed. Optimal performance of the turbine requires class 4 winds (DOE http://www.nrel.gov/gis/wind.html). Further, The Honeywell Wind Turbine should be mounted such that it is removed from turbulence created by structures around it.
- Always seek the highest elevation and lowest obstruction field as possible (33 feet minimum, higher the better).
- You may advise your city, town or neighbors that you are installing a new wind turbine, but at 241 lbs, 6’, 35 dB at 10 feet, it may be not necessary. We are here to help you.
- The Honeywell Wind Turbine is designed for all environments from hot to cold and coastal to mountaintops.
- Electrical connection is very similar to a backup generator connected to the building or solar power to the grid.
- The system is designed to be installed by a licensed electrical contractor. Our Smart Swap warranty program allows contractors to replace components easily
- The roof box QuadPod™ system is designed for pitched or flat roof tops. As roof construction and roof lines vary, pole mounted installations are recommended for residential environments for optimal cost, flexibility and performance. A standard utility pole can be easily installed in most markets for under one thousand dollars.
As an Authorized dealer, Grid Be Gone can help guide the DIY'er through design and installation OR we can provide full installation services! Check out some of our past installs on our facebook site: www.facebook.com/gridbegone
Honeywell Wind Turbine Product Catalog
Resources & Downloads for the WT6500